- Course Code: UKVC18BOR
- Location: Online
- Duration: 2.5 hours
- Qualification: Borderline Personality Disorder Certificate
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All modern browsers and devices
Borderline Personality Disorder Certificate
Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) is a disorder of mood accompanied by maladaptive relationship patterns and thinking styles. BPD can cause a significant amount of distress and it typically impacts every area of a person’s life.
In this course, you will receive an overview of BPD, including its symptoms, causes and treatment. You will learn how Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) is used to help people with BPD lead more fulfilling lives and how social and medical support can help them recover from their condition. You will also learn why and how people with this diagnosis may benefit from extra support at work.
You Will Learn:
- What is meant by the term “personality disorder”, the most common symptoms of BPD, what causes BPD and why it requires prompt and careful treatment.
- How BPD is diagnosed and an overview of the main treatments available.
- How Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) can improve mood and functioning in people with BPD.
- The challenges people with BPD face in the workplace and how their colleagues and managers can support them in getting the help they need.
Benefits of Taking This Course
- If you know someone with BPD, this course will help you understand their condition and offer support if required.
- If you work with service users with a BPD diagnosis, this course will give you an insight into their condition and help you meet their needs.
- If you supervise someone with BPD, this course will enable you to help meet their needs in the workplace.
- If you have an interest in occupational health or mental illness in general, you will benefit from this comprehensive introduction to the most common personality disorder.
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the Borderline Personality Disorder Awareness Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Borderline Personality Disorder Awareness Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 2.5 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.