- Course Code: UKMGC16CCL
- Location: Online
- Duration: 40 hours
- Cost: £90.00
- Qualification: Cleaning Diploma
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices / browsers
Includes the Following Courses
The Complete Cleaning Course
With the complete cleaning course, you will be guided through everything that you need to know in order to run a successful cleaning business. With this course, you will study several important areas that will provide you with a good knowledge of the cleaning industry, including key certificates and regulations that play a significant role in your ability to work successfully in this industry.
What you Will Learn
This course combines five different diplomas, helping you to gain a wide range of knowledge and information. The course comprises of the following:
The Ironing Diploma Course
The ironing diploma will guide you through how to successfully establish your own ironing services business. Covering 11 individual modules, you will learn the following key points throughout the duration of the course.
- Understanding the demand for your new service.
- How you can establish your business in the shortest period of time.
- How to create your business plan.
- Understanding the items you will iron and the services to offer.
- The art of ironing and the key equipment that you need.
- How to deal with customers.
Thanks to this course, you will be ready to launch your own business and turn it into a success.
British Cleaning Certificate Award
The British Cleaning Certification Award covers 22 modules and deals with every aspect of the cleaning industry from start to finish. In this course you will cover the following:
- The basics of the cleaning industry, including how to launch your business.
- The variety of cleaning jobs.
- The key equipment that you need.
- Handling chemicals safely.
- The key cleaning techniques.
- All about the main cleaning products and clothing.
- Different cleaning routines for different rooms and situations.
- Dealing with waste.
After this course, you will be suitably trained to cope with any cleaning situation or location, as well as having an industry recognised certificate.
Oven Cleaning Certificate
Oven cleaning is now a big business and this certificate will provide you with all the necessary knowledge to successfully launch your own oven cleaning business. In addition, you will see that there is more to cleaning an oven than you perhaps initially realised. In this course you will learn the following:
- The importance of learning how to clean ovens professionally.
- The variety of jobs that are actually available.
- An understanding of the oven cleaning equipment that you will require.
- The importance of safety, especially when dealing with chemicals.
- Health and safety legislation for the industry.
- Techniques and methods that should be employed.
- How to identify and clean the most popular types of cookers.
- How to clean an oven and be environmentally friendly.
- The business side of running this kind of service.
Overall, our oven cleaning certificate will provide you with the perfect opportunity to not only put together a business plan, but to execute it correctly and launch your own oven cleaning business.
Customer Services Course
Our customer services course deals with something that is extremely important, how to make sure that your customers are happy with the service they have been provided. This course will help you to either work in this field or have a better understanding of what is expected of you in your current career. During this course, you will learn the following:
- The different types of customer service.
- An understanding of the consumer rights laws.
- How to make that all-important first impression.
- How to have the correct attitude, even down to what you are wearing.
- The importance of communication and seeing things from their side.
- How to retain customers and deal with complaints in an effective manner.
- How to deal with customers - face to face and by telephone or online.
- Dealing with difficult customers.
Our customer services course will put you in a better position to deal with even the most difficult of customers. This will result in happier customers that will keep on coming back time and time again.
Business Basics Diploma
Our business basics diploma consists of 16 modules and is designed to provide you with the basics that you require in order to create and run your own successful business. In this course you are going to learn the following:
- How to start your own business and come up with a winning idea.
- The key to having your own business plan.
- Market research and why it is important.
- Branding and setting your own goals.
- Dealing with finance, including cash flow.
- Dealing with marketing, including social media.
- Legal issues, including tax and any other requirements.
- Technology and its role.
Our business course covers every aspect of running your own company. We will take you through the process from start to finish to help you to get your business up and running.
The Benefits of this Course
There are a number of benefits to this course that will make starting your own business less stressful than before. The main benefits include the following:
- Each module is accessible from home, allowing you to work at your own pace.
- No time limit on the course.
- Gain industry recognised qualifications.
- No previous experience required.
- Online support available.
- Download your own certificate once you have completed the course.
Thanks to our cleaning course you will be better prepared to run your own cleaning service. Our business course will provide you with all the tools that are required to be successful.
- What customer service is
- About the different types of customer service
- About customer service terminology
- Why customer service is so important
- Who the customer is
- About consumer rights law in the UK
- The difference between internal and external customers
- How to find your niche within the industry
- How to make a great first impression
- Why getting your clothing right is essential to the image you wish to convey
- How body language affects the way you are perceived
- About the power of a positive attitude
- About the client’s perspective of customer service
- How to best meet a customer’s needs
- How to exceed customer expectations
- Why communication is key to caring for a customer
- How to provide an effective after sales service
- What to do when the customer is wrong
- How to listen to and effectively deal with complaints
- Why you need to show empathy with a complaining customer
- How to create a positive first impression
- How to use your body language to communicate effectively
- About other forms of non-verbal communication
- How talking down your competition can have a negative effect on your image
- About telephone etiquette
- The advantages and disadvantages of telephone customer service
- 11 Tips for providing better telephone customer service
- Why an efficient employee will take pre-emptive measures to improve customer satisfaction
- The advantages and disadvantages of electronic customer service
- What “Netiquette” is
- The do’s and don’ts of sending emails
- How to provide effective customer service electronically
- How to defuse anger
- Why keeping a calm demeanour will help solve issues faster
- How to control your emotions
- Why you should deal with a customer's anger before solving their problem
- How to handle abusive customers
- Why you shouldn’t cave in to unreasonable demands
- When you should tell a customer “enough is enough”
- How to handle physical threats
- How to retain customers through best service
- Why your focus should also be on creating as uncomplicated and simple an experience as possible
- Why any effective and talented customer service professional will have the ability to convince others of their opinion
- A recap of the skills you need for customer service jobs
- To learn why the cleaning sector is a stable business opportunity
- To learn about the skills you need to become a professional cleaner
- To learn about the skills you can develop when you become a professional cleaner
- To learn about the kind of lifestyle you can lead as a professional cleaner
- To understand the realm of domestic cleaning
- To know the difference between commercial and domestic cleaning
- To discover how to become a carpet cleaner
- To understand the tasks and skills necessary for ironing work
- To know the equipment you will need for both domestic and commercial cleaning work
- To know the equipment you will need to clean windows
- To know the equipment necessary for carpet cleaning
- To know the equipment necessary for a successful ironing business
- To learn about the different types of chemicals you encounter in cleaning
- To learn the difference between acidic, alkaline and neutral chemicals
- To understand safety processes when working with chemicals
- To learn about safe chemical storage
- To learn about the typical working hours and conditions for cleaners
- To understand how much holiday time you can expect to receive
- To study an example of a typical day as a cleaner
- To understand what a typical cleaner can earn
- To know how to properly present yourself to your clients
- To understand how to act professionally in a home
- To understand how to act professionally in a commercial setting
- To understand how to communicate with your clients verbally
- To understand proper keyholding practices for you and potential staff
- To know how to appropriately use security information such as alarm codes
- To understand the consequences to your business if the security of your client is breached
- To know how to follow protocol in the case that an employee breaches your rules
- How to clean surfaces
- The best way to dust
- How to effectively clean glass and mirrors
- The best techniques to clean hardwood flooring
- Know which clothing you should wear to keep safe
- Understand what basic cleaning products you will need as a cleaner
- Know what specialist equipment you may need for tougher jobs
- Why you may want to consider branding your clothing
- Clean a microwave
- Know Techniques for cleaning an oven
- Understand the best way to clean a cooker top (gas & electric)
- Know how to clean a refrigerator
- To know how commercial kitchen cleaning differs from domestic
- To know how to best clean the sinks in commercial kitchens
- To understand the techniques to clean commercial ovens and steamers, as well as other kitchen equipment such as food trolleys
- To understand the procedures for cleaning the kitchen sides and preparation areas
- To learn about what you need to professionally clean a toilet
- To understand the cleaning routine for a bathroom and toilet
- To understand why you should use colour coded cloths
- To learn how to unclog drains
- To know which areas of the hospital you will be expected to clean
- To identify the techniques required to clean hospital wards, corridors and toilets
- To understand the health and safety requirements for hospital cleaners
- To know how to find hospital cleaner jobs
- To learn how cleaning offices differs from domestic cleaning
- To learn how to deal with office rubbish
- To learn how to clean office desks, lifts and vending areas
- To learn different techniques for cleaning staff toilets
- To know what industrial cleaning equipment is available to you as a cleaning professional for the general workplace, or in a commercial kitchen
- To understand the difference between wet and dry industrial vacuum cleaners
- To know what pieces of equipment do not require electricity
- To know how to appropriately use industrial cleaning equipment
- About home-made green cleaning products
- How to use green cleaning for antibacterial cleaning
- The most effective uses of steam cleaning
- About steam cleaning equipment and attachments
- To learn about pressure washing
- To learn about different kinds of pressure washers
- To learn about machine sweeping and floor scrubbers
- To learn about the legal aspects of using heavy equipment
- To understand why reporting procedures are important to a cleaning professional
- To know what regulations you have to be aware of
- To understand and know about Reporting of Injuries, Diseases, and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations. (RIDDOR)
- To be able to identify what an accident book is
- To know how to optimise your planning for working outside
- To understand how to prepare a work schedule and information sheet
- To understand how to properly manage health and safety standards
- Know the extra safety precautions that must be taken when using pressure washers for commercial purposes
- To learn about the different categories of waste
- To learn about the different types of waste containers
- To learn about the importance of maintaining cleanliness in waste container holding areas
- To learn about controlling the transfer flow of waste
- To be able to articulate what an ironing service entails
- To know whether you would be best suited working for yourself or someone else
- To understand how to iron shirts, trousers and skirts properly
- To know how to get wrinkles out of fabrics
- To understand the pros and cons of running a cleaning business
- To learn important things that self-employed people should consider
- To understand whether you should take a hands off approach to running your business
- To learn the reasons for and against investing in vehicles and premises
- To understand the best methods to advertise your business
- To know how word of mouth affects your reputation
- To know the best way to get recommendations through promotions
- To be able to explain why you should build a website for your business
- To learn the pros and cons of hiring staff
- To understand your role in hiring staff
- To learn the differences between employees and contractors
- To learn how to use your employees to grow your business in a positive way
- To identify and practice the appropriate communication skills necessary for a professional appearance
- To know and understand what bad communication habits are, how you can identify them, and what you need to do instead
- To know the appropriate protocol to handle complaints from clients and staff, and how to act and behave accordingly
- To be able to identify when it is appropriate to let a client go due to their inappropriate behaviour
- To understand what insurance you need as a cleaner and where you can find it
- To learn the cost of business insurance for cleaners.
- To understand how income tax will affect you and your business
- To learn what business equipment you will need
- The type of work you will do
- Why you will be the mysterious solution to homeowners when it comes to removing baked on food debris
- The type of work that pays the most
- The equipment you need, and where to find it the cheapest
- The best place to find any positions for this line of work
- The best route to market to get the most out of this course
- The only difference to owning your service to working for someone else
- How you can get a stable and reliable contract for oven cleaning in the commercial sector
- About the importance of oven cleaning for food establishments
- The safest route to take when you first begin
- The benefits to working in the residential/domestic sector
- Why you may be shadowed when you work in commercial kitchens
- About the range of cleaning products you need to get the job done to superior levels of cleanliness
- The tools you need to use your cleaning products
- The purposes of each cleaning product in your stock inventory
- The PPE You’ll need to comply with health and safety at work regulations
- The key legislations that apply to your business for chemical safety
- Who is responsible for health and safety compliance
- The documents you need supplied with industrial strength cleaning chemicals
- The three different types of cleaning products you will be using
- Why the solutions you use will allow you to get every part of grease removed from inside ovens, making your job much easier
- The length of time you can expect per job
- Why you’re best to wear a face-mask when cleaning ovens
- Pricing guidelines for your service
- The techniques to “deep clean ovens
- To understand the process to streamline your work
- The components to clean with your dip tank
- Which tools to use for different surfaces
- The difference between the two types of cookers
- The temperatures these cookers operate at consistently and why you they must be off for cleaning
- How to clean these types of cookers
- The type of enamel and the care you need to pay attention to when cleaning the outside of the cooker
- What’s really involved in commercial oven cleaning
- Why you must have an industrial dip tank
- How a dry steam cleaner will make your work easier, faster, or just an eco-friendly solution for your clients
- The equipment you need your steam cleaner to have
- About environmentally Friendly Cleaning Solutions
- The most powerful natural de-greaser for cleaning ovens
- How to clean cookers and parts without the use of your dip tank
- How to use a steam cleaner on ovens
- What an oven cleaning service entails
- Additional services to boost customer satisfaction and retention
- How many ovens you can expect to clean on a working day
- Where to find jobs if you don't want to run your own business
- The initial start up costs for an oven cleaning business
- How much of a marketing budget you can expect to require when starting your own independent business
- The Pros of Starting an Oven Cleaning Business
- How to develop an Online Presence
- The risks to your business by not having adequate insurance cover in place
- The types of commercial cleaning contracts that may stipulate the amount of insurance cover your policy must insure you to the amount of
- The equipment you need to manage your business administration duties
- Why you need to register for self-employment as early as possible
- The benefits of hiring your own staff
- When a contractor would be more suited to your business
- Employer responsibilities
- When you need a written health and safety policy
- Why you should become an ironer
- The advantages of owning your own ironing business
- About the demand for ironing services
- How you can be up and running in no time at all
- Why research is vital before you start your business
- Why you must have a business plan before you begin
- What your business plan should include
- The 5 options for raising finance
- About the advantages of working from home
- How to avoid the pitfalls of working from home
- What you need to consider when working from home
- Why working from home is the most cost effective way of starting your business
- About the types of things you will iron
- Whether you should offer a drop-off and pick-up service
- Pricing options
- How much to charge
- Which iron you should use
- About the importance of getting the right ironing board
- About steam presses and rotary irons
- What disposables you will need
- How to iron a shirt
- How to iron trousers and other garments
- How to iron different fabric types
- How to increase your speed
- How to enhance customer satisfaction
- How to gain repeat business
- How to exceed customer expectations
- Why the customer is always right
- About setting advertising goals
- Where you should advertise your ironing service
- How to advertise your ironing service
- What your adverts must include
- How to choose a memorable name
- Whether or not you need to register your business
- What you can and can’t name your business
- Where you must display your business name
- Operating as a sole trader
- Registering as self-employed
- Keeping records
- Income Tax and National Insurance
- Time management tips
- How to prevent fatigue when ironing
- The importance of ironing in odour-free environments
- About other services you can offer your customers
- Where to begin when starting your business
- How to generate potential ideas
- The personal qualities that you need to run a successful business
- The reasons for a business plan
- The importance of the business plan
- What is generally included in a plan
- How to start your very own plan
- How to start your research into your potential business
- Sources you can use in order to conduct that research
- How to identify your target market
- What we mean by branding
- How branding applies to your business
- How to go about branding your company
- Examples of branding and how effective it is
- What we mean by goals
- How to set attainable goals
- How it fits in with your business plan
- How to tackle issues related to goal setting
- The role of financing
- The different options available when it comes to financing
- How to know how much money you need
- What do you give in return for the financing?
- The basics of accounting and bookkeeping
- What we mean by cash flow
- How to budget for things in your business
- How to deal with invoices and payments
- Why marketing even on a small budget is a good idea
- How to market on that small budget
- Key strategies to take into consideration
- How to take advantage of social media
- How to find the perfect staff
- How to manage staff correctly
- The importance of training them correctly
- How to keep them motivated
- The key legal issues for everybody
- The importance of doing things in the correct manner
- How to deal with issues related to these legalities
- How to get the best advice on dealing with tax
- The main kinds of tax you will have to deal with
- What happens if you do not deal with it correctly?
- How to make life easier for yourself with tax
- The main types of business insurance
- Why you need it
- How to know what applies to you
- The cost of not having the correct insurance
- How technology can improve your business
- How to know you have the correct technology for your business
- How to avoid overpaying
- The importance of keeping on top of technology
- The meaning of business ethics
- How it applies to your business
- The difference it makes to how you operate and are perceived
- The importance of having a website
- What to include on your website
- How to get the website that your business needs
- How to market your website
- How to know when you are ready to grow your business
- How to do it in a controlled manner
- The potential pitfalls of growing your business
- Dealing with the future
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the Complete Cleaning course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The Complete Cleaning Course consists of 5 courses:
Each course consists of between 11 and 26 individual modules.
Modules can take from 20 to 90 minutes to complete. You are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Do I have to study the courses in a certain order?No. You can study the courses in any order you choose. If you want to, you can do one module from a course and then move on to the next course.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Yes. Once you have completed all of the modules for each course there will be a multiple choice test.
The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for each test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process.
We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Complete Cleaning course?We estimate that the course will take about 40 hours to complete in total.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.