- Course Code: UKVC19CAT
- Location: Online
- Duration: 1.25 hours
- Cost: £20.00
- Qualification: Introduction to Cat Grooming and Health Certificate
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All modern browsers and devices
Introduction to Cat Grooming and Health
Cats spend nearly half of their waking lives engaged in some form of grooming behaviour.
It is easy to dismiss this as cats simply being clean creatures, but there are bigger reasons for grooming habits than just aesthetics.
Understanding more about grooming and its connection to a cat’s health, as well as the greater health issues cats may face, is a huge part of being able to provide good feline care.
This course gives you an overview of grooming and feline health, with topics spread out across two modules.
The first discusses grooming and grooming habits in detail.
We talk about the reasons why cats display this behaviour and what changes to grooming habits may mean.
The second module discusses feline health, giving you an introduction to the common ailments cats can suffer from, along with symptoms and what can be done to help.
The course finishes with a discussion of veterinary care, stressing the importance of regular check-ups.
You Will Learn:
- The specific reasons why cats groom themselves and others
- The physical and emotional benefits your cat receives from grooming
- How you can help cats with underdeveloped grooming habits
- Information about diseases and other health concerns you may see when working with cats
- Information about the importance of vaccines for all cats, not just outdoor ones
Benefits of Taking This Course
- Gain a better understanding of normal grooming habits, so you can be on the lookout for any changes
- If you are a professional who works with cats, you can obtain useful information about ailments and vet selection you can pass on to your customers
- If you work with animals or you hope to as a future career, this course tells you what you need to know regarding grooming and its link to health
- If you are thinking about getting a cat, you can learn more about how to keep them safe, happy and healthy
- Learn more about the potential health issues cats can face in advance of interacting with them, so you can be prepared
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the Introduction to Cat Grooming and Health Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 2 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 2 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 2 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Introduction to Cat Grooming and Health Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 1.25 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.