Suitable for : Managers
NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management
NEBOSH’s National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management was developed to give any manager, supervisor or employee who deals with workplace safety, background knowledge on fire safety and risk management.
The certificate prepares its holders to be able to identify potential risks in their workplace and how to prevent and protect any issues.
The course is divided into three units, which are Unit NCG1, Unit FC1, and Unit FC2. Unit NCG1 looks at the foundations in health and safety and teaches you how to plan, do, check and act in the face of fire-related issues in the workplace. Unit FC1 provides a more in-depth look at fire safety and risk management. Unit FC2 teaches students how to properly file a safety inspection, identify safety hazards and write a compelling report that convinces their employer to take action when necessary.
You Will Learn:
- The safety measures of fire protection and prevention in buildings.
- How to manage fire safety within the workplace.
- The main principles of fire and explosion.
- An adequate understanding of fire safety risk assessment.
- How to produce a persuasive report that convinces employers to take action whenever necessary.
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- This NEBOSH fire and safety course works to prepare people to act as contributions to the maintenance of fire risk assessments and preventative and protective measures within low-risk workplaces, which follow the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 and the Fire Safety (Scotland) Regulations 2006.
- The course takes a total of 120 hours to be completed, which means it can be completed within nine days, but the eLearning method also allows students to work at their own pace.
- The National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH) is a globally recognised awarding body.
- Attaining this certificate makes you an asset to your current or future employer, which puts you higher on the employment ladder.
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety & Risk Management course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 0 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 0 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 0 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety & Risk Management course?We estimate that the course will take about hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.