- Course Code: UKVC20NFD
- Location: Online
- Duration: 3 hours
- Qualification: Nutrition for Diabetes Certificate
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major browsers and devices
Nutrition for Diabetes
More than 450 million people around the world live with diabetes. Diabetes and obesity often go hand-in-hand. It’s very important to help clients with diabetes lose weight and improve their fitness levels.
Losing weight helps reduce fat stores in the body, and muscle training helps improve insulin resistance. People with diabetes should consider being mindful of what they consume, as proper nutrition can help them achieve their fitness goals faster.
As a fitness trainer, you can help your clients better control and manage their diabetes. By working together with your client’s healthcare team, you can help them enjoy maximum benefits from fitness training. People with diabetes can benefit from a combination of a healthy diet and regular exercise.
It is important for fitness trainers to be aware of how nutrition affects diabetes in different ways.
What You Will Learn in This Course:
- The symptoms of diabetes and the differences between Type I and Type II diabetes
- The basic principles of nutrition, and how to eat well for health and wellbeing
- Nutritional strategies to manage and control blood sugar levels
- The effect of different nutrients on blood sugar levels
- Foods to include and avoid in the diet
- How to help clients with diabetes achieve healthy weight loss and build muscle
The Benefits of Taking This Course:
You can benefit from the ‘Nutrition for Diabetes’ course in several ways:
- You will become familiar with how to advise clients with diabetes
- You will be able to answer basic questions regarding nutrition for diabetes and the do’s and don’ts in terms of recommended foods
- You will be in a better position to work with your clients’ healthcare teams
- You will be able to plan and structure workouts around your client’s health requirements
Fitness trainers will often need to work with clients who live with diabetes. It’s a good idea to become more aware of nutrition for diabetes, to obtain a better understanding of your client’s requirements.
How online learning can benefit you..