- Course Code: UKP20PFP
- Location: Online
- Duration: 19
- Qualification: PRINCE2® 6th Edition Foundation and Practitioner Official Exams
- Course Access: Open
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: See Technical Specifications below
About Balance Global
Established in 1994, Balance Global was one of the first 3 training companies to be approved in the UK by the UK Cabinet Office to deliver UK Cabinet Office Best Practice Portfolio Course such as MSP®, PRINCE2®, ITIL® accredited Courses. Only AXELOS accredited training organisations and their affiliates are licensed and approved to sell approved PRINCE2® Courses and associated Official Exams.
All our courses are designed to be completed and be ready for sitting the official online proctor exams in less than 1 week.
Why not take a look at our reviews on TrustSpot (Google Trustspot Balance Global) we have an excellent star ratings.
View Our Reviews On TrustSpot
Awarded by AXELOS (accredited by PEOPLECERT an AXELOS Official Exam Institute)
Unrivalled eLearning Software
- Works on Android .Apple Tablets, Apple Mac and Windows PCs
- Include FREE tablet apps for free online /offline course revision
- Numerous stimulating but simple to us drag and drop exercises embedded throughout all our courses.
- Resource Library with many FREE templates and tools to accelerate your career.
- In-house Course Completion & Excellence awards
- Interactive Tutor Support from Accredited Course Tutors
- Timed exam simulator, with 2 ‘mock’ foundation exams
- 100s of approved practice examination questions to embed knowledge many sourced directly from AXELOS
PRINCE2® stands for Projects IN Controlled Environments. It is a fully scale-able process driven approach to project management. Although PRINCE2® originated in the UK it has become a world class international product.
This foundation and practitioner course covers all of the official syllabus, which includes the following elements:
Introduction to projects and PRINCE2® – expains what makes projects different from BAU and introduces the four integrated elements of PRINCE2
The 7 Principles:
- Continued Business Justification
- Learn from Experience
- Defined Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage by Stages
- Manage by Exception
- Focus on Products
- Tailor to the Project Environment
The 7 Themes:
- Business Case – why are we investing in the project?
- Organization – who do we need to manage the project?
- Quality – what we have to deliver to ensure fit-for-purpose
- Plans – how will we deliver, when & resource requirements
- Risk – managing uncertainty
- Change – understanding implications of changing requirements
- Progress – understanding & controlling where we are against plans
The 7 Processes:
- Process Model – to explain the flow between processes
- Starting up a Project – pre-project preparation
- Directing a Project – decision making and providing resources
- Initiating a Project – developing a full and firm foundation
- Controlling a Stage – day-to-day project manager’s work
- Managing Product Delivery – day-to-day team managers work
- Managing a Stage Boundary – preparing for project board progress decisions
- Closing a Project – tidy close
The 2 Techniques:
- Product Based Planning
- Quality review Technique
Some benefits of eLearning include:
- Learning can occur at a time and place to suit you – around your work commitments and lifestyle
- You can repeat the course units, exercises and tests as many times as you like, until you are confident
- It is often cheaper than classroom courses, and there are no travel costs!
- Associated exams can also be taken at home, on-line at a time to suit you using ProctorU service
Foundation Exam Explained
- Multiple Choice 60 questions
- 33 marks or more required to pass (out of 60 available marks) – 55%
- Closed Book exam
- The foundation exam is 60 minutes duration
- This exam texts how much of the theory you have retained and understand
- No negative marking
- Qualification valid for life
Practitioner Exam Explained
- 10 question items per question, each worth one mark
- Based on a short scenario that will be provided to you during the exam
- 68 questions – 1 mark available per question
- 38 marks (55%) correct or more required to pass
- Two-and-a-half hours (150 minutes) duration, no additional reading time
- Open book exam (official PRINCE2® 2017 manual only) included with this course option
Advantages of Online Proctor Examinations
- You choose how to take your exam – paper, web based or web proctored
- You choose the language of your exam – up to 22 languages available
- You get 24/7/365 customer support for any questions you may have
- You get instant online provisional results
- You can view, download and print your e-certificate once the official results are out
- Your employer, potential employer or recruitment agency can verify your certificate online
Examination Methods & Bookings
The Official Multiple Choice examinations are conducted on your computer via a PeopleCert remote proctoring service.
When you purchase a remote proctored exam with us you will receive an email with a voucher code and a link to use the code to make your exam booking when you feel ready to actually book the exam. Remote proctored exams can be taken at a date / time to suit you including evenings and week-ends, but please note that we need 10 days’ notice to book the proctored service and must be taken with 5 months of purchase.
Your system should have the following minimum specification:
- Windows7®, Vista® or XP®, MAC OSX or Linux Ubuntu
- Broadband-grade connection (=>0.75MB/sec)
- Web Browser - Chrome
- Ipad3 / android Tablet with 1GB internal Ram